Fees Waived This Weekend at Texas Forests
The weather is supposed to be gorgeous this weekend, so if you’re looking for things to do outside head to East Texas’ Angelina National Forest.
The US Forest Service is waiving fees at National Forests and Grasslands as part of the President’s Day Weekend, and they hit the jackpot with the weather. It’s supposed to be mostly sunny each day this weekend, with highs between 65 and 70.
We’ve compiled a list of all the outdoor areas where you can find free admission this weekend. There are still fees to camp, but the day-use fees are waived this weekend, according to the Forest Service.
Head to these recreation areas and trails to have fees waived:
- Angelina National Forest in Zavalla — Caney Creek and Townsend
- Sabine National Forest — Ragtown, East Hamilton, Haley’s Ferry, Indian Mounds, Lakeview and Willow Oak
- Davy Crockett National Forest — Ratcliff Lake and Piney Creek Horse Trail
- Sam Houston National Forest – Cagle Boat Ramp, Scotts Ridge Boat Ramp, Double
- Lake, Stubblefield and Sam Houston Multiple Use Trail
This is a three-day weekend for many people with Monday being President’s Day. There is a chance of rain that day, so take advantage of the sunshine and mild weather between now and then. Have a great weekend!