Tyler ISD Will Honor 2020 Graduates With In-Person Graduation
Good news for the Tyler ISD graduating Class of 2020!
While the COVID-19 pandemic shut down the school year officials are planning on honoring the graduating class with a special ceremony now that Governor Abbott announced to reopen the state.
From the Tyler ISD website the district with over 1,100 seniors are planning on sticking to the original graduation dates.
Tyler ISD Superintendent Dr. Marty Crawford said in a statement
The time is nearing for Tyler ISD to graduate its more than 1,100 seniors, commemorating the journey in K-12 education. We are watchfully optimistic that Gov. Abbott’s Open Texas announcement provides the opportunity for school systems to execute graduation exercises with precautionary safety measures observed. These young adults have endured quite an abnormal closure to their educational experience and deserve a celebration as close to normal as we can provide, and that normal is on Earl Campbell Field at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium.
The graduation will have Group A and Group B and the ceremonies are as followed
Graduation Ceremony Plan A
- Wednesday, May 20, 8 p.m. – RISE Academy
- Thursday, May 21, 8 p.m. – Early College High School (ECHS)
- Friday, May 22, 8 p.m. – John Tyler High School
- Saturday, May 23, 8 p.m. – Robert E. Lee High School
Graduation Ceremony Plan B
- Wednesday, June 3, 8 p.m. – RISE Academy
- Thursday, June 4, 8 p.m. – Early College High School (ECHS)
- Friday, June 5, 8 p.m. – John Tyler High School
- Saturday, June 6, 8 p.m. – Robert E. Lee High School
As a rule of caution Graduation Ceremony Plan B could change to June pending on the Open Texas Plan when Phase 2 gets underway.
Nevertheless, this is good news for the graduates of 2020!