Totally Free Admission for Harvey Evacuees, Military Families at Gregg County Fair
Hello fellow East Texans! The weather has dropped a bit so that means we're entering fair season. First in the lineup is the Gregg County Fair, which starts on Friday, September 8 and wraps up on Saturday, September 16.
Early this week, the Fair announced that there is 'free gate admission forall evacuees staying in our area shelters.' Their family will get in free for the entire 9 days the Fair is open. Make note that the rides aren't free, but all other entertainment is.
Evacuees will need to show a valid drivers license with an address of the hometown.
Military and their families will also receive free admission (must bring ID).
If you are not an evacuee, here are admission prices:
- GA: $6 per person
- 3-and-under: free
- 60-and-over: free
- Military & family: free
- Ride armbands: available daily
- Ride coupons: available daily
Gregg County Fair Schedule:
- Friday September 8th: 6:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.
- Saturday September 9th: 4:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.
- Sunday September 10th: 4:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- Monday September 11th: 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- Tuesday September 12th: 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- Wednesday September 13th: 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- Thursday September 14th: 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
- Friday September 15th: 6:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.
- Saturday September 16th: 4:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M
A couple don't-miss events:
Don't forget about the Miss Gregg County Pageant on Thursday, September 14. Our very own Hot 1073 Jamz radio personality will be the MC as seven young ladies represent their Gregg County schools for a shot at a $1,000 scholarship from Gregg County Area Go Texans. This event will be loud and fun so make a point to be there!
Don't miss the Pig Races on opening weekend with KNUE sponsoring 'Family Day' on Saturday, Sep. 9. If you arrive between 4-6 pm, you'll get two tickets for the price of one!
On Saturday, September 16, our sister station Mix 931 will close out the fair with the same deal - buy one, get one free - between the 4 and 6 pm. Cody Wayne Band will be playing that night followed by a watermelon eating contest.