The Art of Texas Architecture: The Whataburger Stadium
Texas is known for a lot of big things. High school football stadiums are definitely one of them. But Whataburger upped the ante earlier in February by constructing a Whataburger Stadium.
That's right. Here you can see a 360 degree view of the all new Whataburger Stadium. This was a way for the Whataburger social team (who brilliantly trolled Kanye West a year ago) to connect with their die-hard fans with real-time content during the Super Bowl.
I have two things to say about this:
- Someone has WAY too much time on their hands.
- That someone also has unbelievable willpower because half the stadium would be gone before I finished the project.
I want everyone to really appreciate the detail that went into this.
- There are two teams playing in the stadium - Buffalo Sauce and Ranch. There are no favorites in this game as the scoreboard indicates a 14-14 tie.
- The chicken fingers, fries and onion rings fans shouldn't be cheering because they obviously don't realize they're the victory meal at the end of the ball game.
- The yard markers are Whataburger order numbers - classic. And every 5 yards are lined up with salt and pepper packets.
Truly, architects of the future.
Snack stadiums have been done before, but never like this.