The 5 Best Zip Lining Adventures in Texas
I'm seeing a ton of zip lining pictures on social media right now, and that made me do a little digging to find the zip lining spots that Texans love the most. Feel free to add your favorites.
One of the reasons we love zip lining in Texas might be because it creates a steady breeze! It's starting to feel like summer, and soon it will be July and we will start sweating the minute we walk outside and we will crave a really fierce wind to help us not suffocate. Zip lining is something we can do on a scorching hot Texas summer day and not only survive, but have fun too.
Texas Outside has some ideas about fun things to do around the state and they've listed some of the best places for zip lining. There are quite a few zip line tours in Texas at different resorts, adventure camps, and as a part of challenge courses.
These are some of the best, according to Texas Outside, and we've added a couple of our own too.
1. Zip Lost Pines - Bastrop. You can take a zip tour at LCRA McKinney Roughs Nature Park and fly over the trees. Zipline tours range from 1.5 to 3 hours, and you'll be close enough to Austin that you can hit Sixth Street afterward for some live music.
2. Lake Travis Zipline Adventures - Austin. A 3-hour zip line tour includes the equipment, boat transportation, water, and a light trail snack. And you get access to a private beach to swim and have a picnic after the tour.
3. Trinity Forest Adventure Park -Dallas. This might be a good spot for the kids to learn to zip line, and they've got additional ropes courses for 4-year olds and up. Each course has obstacles like wobble bridges, tight ropes, ladders, cargo nets, zip lines, and more.
4. New York Texas Zip Line - LaRue. It's your chance to get up above some of our gorgeous East Texas trees and fly from tree top to tree top with 30-mile views from each platform. They tell us this is one of the highest elevations in East Texas, and if you want to check it out there are some discounts in June, including $10 off one of the tours on Fridays.
5. Adrenaline Rush Zip Line Tours - Jacksonville. This is one of the longest zip lines in Texas at about 1700 ft. long. In all, they've got eight zip lines that vary in length and if the wind is right, you can zoom through the air at about 40 mph. And beat the Texas heat with that fierce zip lining breeze.
ZipNac is another good one to check out in Nacogdoches. Prices are around $40 per person there, and that might be one of the most affordable spots to zip line.
We've got a lot of good ones within driving distance, and if you've tried them all, we'd love to hear your reviews. Because Texas is hot! And we want to find the best ways to make the most of summer.