Chapel Hill ISD Showcases Student Talent
Friday night, October 4, I had the honor to be a celebrity judge at Chapel Hill's Got Talent. And let me tell you, there's some serious talent among the students of Chapel Hill ISD. The ages ranged from elementary to high school with a wide variety of talents shown off.
I was joined at the judges table by Kayla Hubbard, Chapel Hill graduate and former Apache Bell Dance Captain, and Kendale Johnson, a past Chapel Hill's Got Talent champion and a pretty good singer from what I was told.
The list of talent for the evening was:
- Hannah - Singing "She Used To Be Mine"
- Katelynn - Twirling routine to "Prince Ali"
- Cody - Singing "Your Man"
- Alissa - Danced a Flapper Routine
- Jeremias - Singing "Fill Me Up"
- Elrick and Hailee - Skit
- Trinity - Singing "Lost Boy"
- Ella - Danced to "You Say"
- Frances - Singing "Shot Down"
- Hadleigh - Singing "Boomerang"
- Kaylan and Tre - Original Rap
- Wesley - Rock music performance
- Bryce - Ventriloquist act
- Christopher - Singing "Chlorine"
Every performance was very good. After the show wrapped up, we had to decide on a first, second and third place.
It wasn't easy. But third went to Katelynn, second went to Hannah and first went to Ella. If there was an award for "Most Adorable" it would have gone to Trinity with her performance of "Lost Boy".
All in all, it was a fun night. Thank you to Chapel Hill ISD teacher Jessica Otte, and my Lindale class of '96 classmate (Go Eagles!!), for the invite. I hope I can do it again next year.