Tortilla Chips Spontaneously Combust in Austin
We've heard the stories of people spontaneously bursting into flames. Spontaneous human combustion is where a person is killed from a fire that was not caused by an external ignition but from within the body according to wikipedia.org.
This story does not involve that. But some tortilla chips did ignite on their own at an Austin tortilla warehouse.
July 12, Austin fire department responded to a fire at a tortilla chip warehouse where chips that were being disposed of caught fire. On their own.
Luckily nothing was damaged outside the burned chips and the pallets they were on.
Then, three days later, crews were called out again as other boxes of disposed chips caught fire.
Austin Fire Department posted pictures of the fire on their Facebook page.
Some of the public comments are awesome as well.