Here are East Texas Restaurants Where Veterans Eat Free on Veterans Day
Veterans have put their lives on the line for all of us so that we may enjoy the freedoms that we have today.
Americans will be honoring these special men and women on Wednesday with Veterans Day. As a thank you, restaurants all over East Texas will be giving away free meals to members of the military, both past and present.
From Time.com, below is a list of participating restaurants, but be sure to check with the restaurant to make sure your particular location is participating and just in case, have your military id ready!
- Applebee's: Offering special menu choices free of charge.
- Cracker Barrel: Free dessert.
- Dairy Queen: A free combo meal by showing military ID. Participating DQ restaurants are in Tyler (three locations), Noonday, Lindale (two locations), Whitehouse, Chapel Hill, Gresham, Van, Canton, Forney, Chandler, and on Highway 271.
- Denny's: Free build your own Grand Slam from 5 a.m. to noon.
- IHOP: Free order of red, white and blue pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Little Caesar's Pizza: A free hot n ready lunch combo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- On The Border: Receive a create your own combo for free
- Olive Garden: Offering special menu choices and dining members receive a special discount, too
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt: Free 11 ounce frozen yogurt
- Outback Steakhouse: Free blooming onion and from Nov. 12 through Dec. 31. Military and families also will receive 15% off.
- Red Lobster: Complimentary appetizer or dessert.
There are other chains providing discounts to veterans on Veterans Day, too.
Thanks to all the veterans who have served our mighty nation. Don't forget you can donate and nominate a veteran to receive a special gift during the holidays through Townsquare Cares.