Tyler Has One of the Top 10 Farmers Markets in Texas
The East Texas State Fair Farmers Market is already one of the best in Texas, but it should rank higher. It's got pickles, and we all know how those have become a thing. See if you agree that the Tyler farmers market should rank higher than Houston, Dallas and Waxahachie, and find out what other cities made the best of list.
The East Texas State Fair Farmers Market has all the usual produce like cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, peaches, and watermelons, and those things might not set us apart from other farmers markets because they're not too unique. But they're grown right here in East Texas and that makes them awesome.
And then add the canned pickles, the okra, and the barns, and OnlyInYourState.com says that's good enough to give Tyler the 10th best Farmers Market in Texas.
Just how local is it? The vendors come from a small radius around Tyler, in an area bordered by Mineola to the north and Palestine to the south. These farmers grow the food on their land and drive it to the fairgrounds every Tuesday and Saturday from 7 am to 1 pm to make us happy. The address is 2112 W. Front Street if you're mapping it, and the farmers market runs through July.
All of these Texas farmers markets have local vendors, because that's kinda the point of a farmers market. But not all of them have pickles, beets, and figs, and none of them are situated right behind the rose garden in Rose City. It's prettier here!
Tyler holds its own with the biggest cities in Texas on this list, but if you're in the mood for a farmers market road trip, here are the rest.
1. Texas Farmers Market - Cedar Park
2. Corpus Christi Downtown Farmers Market - Corpus Christi
3. Dallas Farmers Market - Dallas
4. El Paso Downtown Artist and Farmers Market - El Paso
5. Fredericksburg Farmers Market - Fredericksburg
6. Beaumont Farmers Market - Beaumont
7. Westchase District Farmers Market - Houston
8. Main Plaza Farmers' Market - San Antonio
9. Waxahachie Downtown Farmers Market - Waxahachie
10. East Texas State Fair Farmers Market - Tyler