Tips for Hosting the Best Super Bowl Party Ever
With Super Bowl XLVIII in the very near future, it's time to make plans to watch the big game! Check out these tips if you're hosting a watching party!
The Super Bowl is the perfect excuse to invite all your friends and family over to spend an evening relaxing and yelling at the TV - what could be better, right? If you want your party to be the best ever, check out some of these tips:
- First things first, you'll need guests at the party. So go ahead and invite your friends, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers or whoever you want to come watch the game with you. Ask them to come over a little before the pregame activities start so you'll have time to get everyone settled in and comfortable.
- Make sure you have enough seating. If you only have one couch in your living room, I probably wouldn't recommend inviting 17 people over. That is, unless you have other seating you can pull into the room for people to sit and still see the TV.
- Drinks. The Super Bowl is probably one of the biggest beer-drinking days of the year, so make sure you're prepared. Have a few varieties of beer and other drinks for your guests. Don't forget to have some cokes or other non-alcoholic drinks for any kids, non-drinkers or anyone who wants to take a break from the booze.
- Ice. This goes along with the drinks tip, but be sure to stock up on ice for drinks. If you have a lot of guests coming over they'll likely use all the ice in the freezer before the game even starts!
- Snacks. Have a variety of options for your guests. Salty, sweet, savory and anything else is probably good to have on hand. For some fun Super Bowl recipes check out the Food Network website here.
- Decorations. You don't need anything extravagant (unless of course you are a die-hard Broncos or Seahawks fan), but a few football decorations will make it feel more like a party!
- Score Cards. Are you one for betting? Start up a bet with your guests with a low buy-in and predict who will win and the final score. If you're feeling really adventurous, you can predict for each quarter too! And if you need a squares sheet, here's one!
Oh, and don't forget to enjoy the commercials as much as the game and party!