‘Purple Haze’ Tops List of Most Misunderstood Song Lyrics
We all have sung a song wrong at one time or other. I sure know I have. BuzzFeed posted a great feature today highlighting 15 of the most misunderstood lines in music history. Jimi Hendrix's 'Purple Haze' was the No. 1 lyric that is misunderstood. Let this be your lesson for the day -- he says, "Excuse me while I kiss the sky," not "Excuse me while I kiss this guy.
I don't think Jimi swung that way.
Here is the rest of BuzzFeed's list:
- Creedence Clearwater Revival: "Bad Moon Rising"
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band: "Blinded By the Light"
- Madonna: "Like a Virgin"
- Eiffel 65: "Blue (Da Ba Dee)"
- Led Zeppelin: "Stairway to Heaven"
- Bon Jovi: "Livin' on a Prayer"
- Alanis Morisette: "You Oughta Know"
- Elton John: "Tiny Dancer"
- Ramones: "Blitzkrieg Bop"
- The Clash: "Rock the Casbah"
- Nirvana: "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
- Toto: "Africa"
- The Black-Eyed Peas: "Boom Boom Pow"
- Bob Dylan: "Blowin' in the Wind"
Did they miss any? What would you add to the list?