Komen Tyler Race For The Cure
Each year thousands of East Texans converge upon Bergfeld Park in early May for the annual Komen Tyler Race For The Cure as they run, walk and sleep in to help find a cure for breast cancer. This year marks the 15th anniversary of the race here in Tyler.
Brenda McBride and Cindy Nick from the Tyler race say they are "so grateful for the many partners in our community, advocates who have joined us as ambassadors in this race to find a cure. We invite our community to come support this great cause on our anniversary year." The race encourages people of all fitness levels to participate to help raise money to find a cure for breast cancer, whether you walk, jog or run your support will make a difference! Hey, you can even sleep in for the cure too!
The Komen Tyler Race For The Cure is scheduled for Saturday, May 11th and registration is going on now and some important dates and events are coming up.
Now - May 10th
- register online by May 4th for race and to have race packet mailed to you
- register online by 5p May 10th and you can pick up race packet the day of the race
- Dine Out For The Cure at Gilbert's El Charro (Fifth St. @ Loop 323)
May 8th - 10th
- race week registration will be held at The Market at the Crossing (on Old Jacksonville Hwy.) daily from 10a to 7p
- race day - activities begin at 7a at Bergfeld Park
- Dine Out For The Cure at participating restaurants throughout Tyler
Complete registration details, including a time line of events and registration fees, can be found on the Komen Tyler site and we'll see you at Bergfeld Park on May 11th as we all help raise money to find a cure for breast cancer.