Happy National Grilled Cheese Day! — Celebrate With These Great Recipes
There are some ridiculous national holidays on the books, but this is not one of them. Who doesn't love a warm grilled cheese? Remember the days your mom would make you one with a cup of tomato soup on a cold day? Yum! Let's celebrate this great holiday with some new fantastic recipes.
I am a huge cheese lover. I'll eat it by its self, in macaroni and cheese, pizza, but my favorite are grilled cheese sandwiches. Even the thought of one makes my mouth water. Reading through these recipes have made me almost insane with a grilled cheese craving. No, seriously, someone get me a grilled cheese STAT.
Please, keep in mind that the amounts for cheese needed in these recipes is just a suggestion. If you are like me, you will be adding a lot of extra cheese.
Enough talk, lets get to the recipes.
Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Genius! Pesto in your grilled cheese. A big thank you to whoever dreamed this taste of heaven up.
2 slices of Italian bread
1 tablespoon of softened butter, divided
1 slice of provolone cheese
2 slices of tomato
1 tablespoon of prepared pesto sauce, divided
1 slice of American cheese
1. Spread that butter on your slices on bread. Place the slices buttered side down on your nonstick skillet fired up to medium heat.
2. Spread the pesto sauce on the slices and then lay your cheese on top. Next, lay your tomato slices on the cheese.
3. On your other slices of bread spread the rest of your pesto and lay those pesto side down on the tomatoes and cheese. Make sure to butter up the opposite side of these pesto slices and flip the sandwich on that buttered side.
4. Fry those slices! Flip occasionally to make sure each side of the sandwich turns golden brown. Watch the cheese melt and when it is creamy, you are done!
Spicy Grilled Cheese
We LOVE our spicy food here in Texas, so this sandwich is perfect for our jalapeno conditioned taste buds. This sandwich will bite back in such a delicious and pleasant way.
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
Slices of white bread
2 slices of American cheese
1 roma (plum) tomato, thinly sliced
1/4 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1. Heat up your large skillet on low heat.
2. Spread the butter (or margarine) onto one side of your slices of bread. Place these buttered side down on the skillet.
3. Lay your cheese slices on top of these frying bread slices. On top of that cheese, place your slices of tomato, onion, and jalapeno.
4. Butter the remaining bread slices. Places these buttered pieces of bread on top of those cheeses pieces. Make sure to put the buttered side facing up.
5. Flip sandwich over and over until that cheese starts to ooze out the sides. That tasty ooze will let you know that your spicy grilled cheese is done.
6. Eat that sandwich before you let another moment of life go without tasting all the greatness it has to offer.
Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Oh my goodness. I thought I knew of some of the best this world had to offer. This recipe made me realize I was so lost and had no idea of what best means.
1/4 cup of finely chopped Granny Smith apple
1 tablespoon of finely chopped pecans
1 tablespoon of creamy salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip®)
1 tablespoon of sour cream
8 slices of Colby cheese
8 slices of sourdough bread
4 thick slices of ham
1/4 cup of margarine
1. Stir all of the apple, pecans, salad dressing, and sour cream together; put this mix to the side.
2. Place your slices of Colby cheese onto four slices of bread, add that delicious ham. On top of the ham you can place the remainder slices of cheese and bread.
3. Spread your margarine (or butter) on the outside faces of the bread.
4. Lay these ready to go slices on a large skillet getting warm over a medium heat.
5. Fry, on both sides, these until the bread is a glorious golden color and the cheese is so sweetly melted.
6. Before you serve these creamy and cheesy sandwiches, spread that apple mixture in the middle.
7. Eat, eat, eat, and repeat recipe so you can eat some more!
These recipes are fantastic. Don't they make you crave a grilled cheese sandwich?
Guess what? This isn't the end of the possibilities for grilled cheese. You can add anything you like to those slices of cheese and bread. Bacon, turkey, veggies, and MORE CHEESE are always options.
Happy National Grilled Cheese Day, guys!