Happy International Coffee Day!
Coffee. Joe. Java. Brew. Whatever you choose to call it. Start your Sunday off on the right foot and celebrate with a cup.
To celebrate today to its fullest, I would recommend getting a cup of coffee at your favorite shop or maybe even brewing a cup of your favorite blend at home right now. Starbucks is even offering free tastes of their Ethiopian coffee today!
Most people agree that a cup of coffee is an important part of their day, but have you ever wondered just how much people love coffee? We have statistics and facts about coffee that you won't believe are real! Check them out:
- There are 100 million people in the United States that drink coffee daily.
- The average amount of money spent on coffee (per person) each year is almost $200.
- The United States spends $4 billion each year to import coffee.
- Approximately 30 million people in the United States drink specialty coffee (lattes, frappuccinos, cuppuccinos, etc.) on a daily basis.
- An average coffee drinker in the United States drinks three cups a day.
- Coffee beans are actually the pits of a berry, making them a fruit.
- Hawaii is the only state in the United States to commercially grow coffee.
- Drinking 100 cups of coffee would be a lethal dose of caffeine.
- New York City drinks approximately 7 times more coffee than the rest of the world.
Now go out and celebrate this wonderful holiday like you've had one too many shots of espresso. Happy Coffee Day!