Gibson’s Top 10 Drummers
Earlier this week, Gibson released THEIR list of the top 10 rock drummers. On the list are a number of very respectable drummers, but any top 10 list doesn’t come without some debate. Find out if you agree.
Through the history of rock n roll, we have seen countless amazing drummers. Seeing and hearing incredible drumming speeds, fills, beats, rhythm, and the technical skill it takes to such a multi-task ability. They truly are the backbone of a band. Gibson decided to release a list of what they consider are the top 10 list. Now remember, this is their list:
10. Ringo Starr (The Beatles)
9. Stewart Copeland (The Police, Oysterhead)
8. Josh Freese (A Perfect Circle, Devo, Nine Inch Nails)
7. Ginger Baker (Cream)
6. Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)
5. Lars Ulrich (Metallica)
4. Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures)
3. Keith Moon (The Who)
2. Neal Peart (Rush)
1. John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
Their are great drummers on this list. Some I may not agree with over others, but they are all amazing drummers. Who’s on your list of top drummers?