Accidental Death at Tyler City Hall Under Investigation
Authorities are awaiting autopsy results to determine the exact cause of death of a man who was working Sunday on a renovation project at Tyler City Hall.
Police say it appears the worker was overcome by fumes from a stain being applied to the structure.
The worker was employed by Watson Commercial Paint Company, a subcontractor to RPR Construction. RPR had been hired to renovate a portion of the second floor of City Hall.
Police conducted a thorough investigation of the incident. In addition, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) also completed their own investigation.
“Our hearts go out to the family and friends of the deceased,” said City Manager Mark McDaniel. “This is a very tragic situation and we are truly saddened.”