21 Suspects Named in Major East Texas ID Theft Ring
A four month fraud investigation conducted by members of the Tyler Police Department, FBI and other County and local police agencies has led to numerous suspects being charged with Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity.
Some 45 victims have called police since January, 2013 reporting their ID was fraudulently used stemming back to 2012.
The suspects were going on-line and obtaining multiple loans, using the victims’ identities, and had the funds transferred into the suspect’s bank accounts that they had set up. The victims were not aware of the fictitious loans in their names until they were contacted by the loan company for default of payment.
Investigators have identified 21 suspects at this time, who are predominately from Tyler, for their involvement in the fraud scheme. Investigators have obtained arrest warrants on these suspects for Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity, a first degree felony. Bond was set at $750,000 on each suspect.
A list of suspects provided below, includes those who have been arrested and those who police cannot locate that have an outstanding warrant for their arrest.
1. Brandon Sessions, 33, Rusk. Unable to Locate
2. Demarcus Osborn, 23, Tyler Unable to Locate
3. Jessica Osborn,24, Tyler Unable to Locate
4. Kachada Webb, 23, Tyler Unable to Locate
5. Michael Hunter, 24, Tyler Arrested
6. Lashundra Harris, 21, Tyler Unable to Locate
7. Tevin King, 19, San Antonio. Unable to Locate
8. Roderick TaylorII, 24, Tyler Unable to Locate
9. Derrick Griffith, 19, Tyler Unable to Locate
10. Christopher Pipkins, 24,Tyler Unable to Locate
11. Britani Anderson, 27, Jacksonville. Unable to Locate
12. Michael Earl, 23, Tyler. Unable to Locate
13. James Miller Jr., 29, Tyler Unable to Locate
14. Kedarius Oliver, 19, Tyler Arrested
15. Shavonda Jones, 28, Tyler Arrested
16. Russell Lowrie, 21, Tyler Arrested
17. Demarciar Nelson, 18, Tyler Arrested
18. Chartyll McCullough, 23, Tyler Arrested
19. Kendallyn Adams, 38, Jacksonville. Arrested
20. Kimberly Stewart, 27, Tyler Arrested
21. Desidre Harris, 17, Tyler Arrested
Officers and Investigators located another suspect this Wednesday morning in the 700 block of S. Peach hiding inside the residence. The suspect was identified as Michael Hunter. Hunter was transported to Smith county Jail and booked in on the outstanding felony warrant.
Anyone with information about the suspects involved in this crime is urged to contact the Tyler Police Department, at 903-531-1000, or Crimestoppers at 903-597-CUFF (903-597-2833). Crimestoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to the arrest and charges filed against the suspects in this case or any felony case.